Wednesday, November 26, 2008

On the way

We are so excited to be going to SC for Thanksgiving this year. We haven't seen my brother and his family since last Thanksgiving and the girls have been dying to see their cousins for a LONG time. We will be seeing my brother and his family, my mom and my other brother, Aaron. We are really looking forward to it. Other than seeing family, I asked Ainsley what she was looking forward to most. And I quote, "the things you roll up with cinnamon." I was perplexed and couldn't for the life of my figure out what she was talking about so she went on to explain that they are the things you roll up and eat. And then it hit me...she's looking forward to Aunt Janice making roll-ups. Hopefully Aunt Janice knows this since mommy doesn't make them! Mommy is pretty much a dismal Moody failure when it comes to many things I am sure my mom thought she would pass on to me when I grew up. I can't sew-my mom made lots of my clothes. I can't knit, crotchet or anything else remotely domestic other than clean. AND I can't cook Norwegian pancakes (or roll ups as some affectionately call them). However I have taken one step forward on the roll ups front. I have purchased a griddle! I now have the capacity to make the roll ups though probably not the skill. Alas! However, I will attempt to get the recipe from either my mom or Janice even though I am not sure if it is formally written down. Maybe at some point in Ainsley's lifetime I will be able to make roll ups. I wouldn't hold out for them till maybe High School or even college but maybe just maybe I will acquire at least one skill that she hoped to pass on to me. I am pretty sure my mom gave up the dream of me ever being a domestic queen long long ago. But maybe there is still hope for me yet! Here are some recent pictures of the girls.

The girls sitting for Christmas pictures

Ellie with her speech therapist, Lori

More Christmas picture sitting

Random nature shot

Ainsley



1 comment:

Jen said...

Steph,
I had to laugh at this post. I think that my mom thinks that I'm a dismal failure in the Scandanavian cooking area. I make Norweigian pancakes every christmas and I always mess up the first two or three. Maybe I don't wait until the pan is hot enough, maybe it's too hot, maybe it's the wrong type of pan---I don't know. At any rate, the kids still insist on me making them and they never complain. I guess they still taste yummy even if they are not as pretty as Grandma's. So take heart and plunge right in there. If I can do it, I'm sure you can too. Happy Thanksgiving!!! Next is Krum Kakke!(sp?)