Friday, July 31, 2009

Pastor Jon Basner

I know that it has been a while since I have posted. We have been busy in the last few weeks just hanging out and having fun as a family. And hopefully I will update the blog with some of those activities in the next few days. But I wanted to take a few moments to remember a friend who passed away recently. My friend, Lisa Basner, lost her husband last week to cancer. Jon and I weren't close but Lisa and I were good friends in college. I knew Jon primarily because he dated Lisa. Though we haven't kept in close contact over the years, there is a bond that stays forever it seems with friends that we make in college. At least that is the case for me. My heart goes out to Lisa and the pain and loss that she is going through right now and to their two kids, Jillian and JJ. If you want to take the time to look over Jon's blog I will post the link. I have followed it for a while through the struggles, trials and triumphs of his journey with cancer. He modeled what is means to follow Christ even through his death. Praise the Lord that he is with his Savior. If you think of it, and even if you don't know them, please pray for Lisa and their kids as they learn to live their life here on this earth without him.



No comments: