Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011

I love Christmas! Most everything about Christmas-the lights, the cookies, the parties.
But most importantly I love the fact that over 2000 years ago, Jesus was born in a manger. That He made the ultimate sacrifice to enter into humanity and live among us. To be born as a helpless infant, completely dependent, yet completely perfect. This is a difficult concept for me to understand and try as I might, I probably will never fully grasp it. But, that's ok. I don't need to understand everything to understand that Christ came into our world for me. For me and you. So that we can have Hope and Peace. Not just at Christmas but throughout the year.
Thank you Jesus for entering into our world. For living among us and for dying on the cross years later so that we could have Hope and Peace.
Merry Christmas! May each of us enjoy celebrating Christ this Christmas!

No comments: