Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sunny Days and Cloudy Days..

We have had some sunny days and cloudy days the last few weeks.  Both physically and mentally for me!  I just function so much better and have so much more energy when the sun it out.  All I feel like doing on cloudy days is watching a movie or reading a book.  So I am ignoring the fact that it isn't sunny today and trying to get some "things" accomplished.  I am doing laundry as I type and my list is pretty long for the day.  Hopefully I get it all accomplished:)
Last week I spent Wed-Saturday at an amazing conference.  Some of our Children's Ministry team went to the Orange Conference in Atlanta.  It was amazing and I learned some new cool things and some tips that I hadn't thought of before.  We of course had a blast and I am looking forward to thinking through more of what we learned soon.  However, since I came back we have been going at warp speed!  Mackenzie has had drama every day since last friday.  Saturday afternoon, Sunday afternoon and now we are into "tech week."  Which essentially means she lives, eat, breathes and sleeps drama.  Ok...not really but it seems that way!  I have to pick her up early from school at 3:30 to get her there on time.  Practices run from 4-8 and by the time she gets home, grabs a little to eat and does her homework it is closer to 10 than 9.  It is however only for a week as their performances are all day on Friday.  She will miss school that day but is looking forward to it!  I can't wait to see it either.  They are performing  Suessical so it should be good:)
So between getting her to practices, picking her up from practices and everything else in between we are hopping.  But next week looks like a MUCH slower week and only 14 more actual days left of school for my girls!  

No comments: