Friday, October 15, 2010

Ready to run

Well I am about as ready to run as I could be I guess.
I have been battling a cold all week which is a bit of a bummer but I feel like I am on the mend now, so hopefully I will feel even better by Sunday.
I am taking Ainsley with me and she gets to hang out with my friend Kristen's daughter, Audra. They play well together and it will be fun for her to get some time away with just me.
So to compensate for being gone with Ainsley all weekend, I will be getting up tomorrow and taking Mackenzie out to breakfast. We are then going to pick out stuff to place in shoeboxes for her Operation Christmas Child class project. She is so excited about doing this as it is the boys versus the girls :)
Ainsley and I will head to Columbus tomorrow afternoon, early enough for me to get my race packet, and then get to Hilliard for dinner.
Bright and early Sunday morning I will be up and getting ready to run. The half and full both start at 7:30 which is actually later than when I normally run for my long runs. I am usually up running by 6 and done by 8 so hopefully it isn't too hot at 9:30 or so when I finish. I would love to get under 2 hours but honestly, I completely my last half in 2h 22min so under 2 would be a pretty lofty goal. My aim is 2h 15min or under.
Any prayers for me while I run would be appreciated!

This was me after my first half marathon in March 2010. Sadly I will not get to see my friend Jane at this one...but hopefully I won't be as sore either!

No comments: