Wednesday, November 7, 2007

We are home!!!!

Just wanted to let you know that we arrived home safely. Thanks to Roni and Beau for picking us up at the airport and getting us home and thanks Roni for dinner! Thanks go to Susie, Aleisa and kiddos and Patty and kiddos for meeting us at the airport. It was sooo good to see some friendly faces to welcome us home! And thanks goes to my friends Julie and Sophia who turned on our heat and left food for us in our house! You guys are all great! Thanks so much to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers and gestures of love. I am REALLY tired and need desperately to head to bed but jeff won't let me go till at least 7:30. I may just throw a tantrum like Ellie and see if I get my way! The kids did fantastic on the flight but mom didn't fare so well. I wasn't able to sleep and am sooo tired. Jeff didn't sleep either but seems to have a whole lot more left in him. I have already told him that if we every adopt again, we are all staying home and I am sending him over to do it all as he seems to handle everything and adjust to travel so much better than I! He's scared that I said the word again I think!:)
We are just really glad to be home in our own space and get Ellie adjusted to her new digs. Will post again when I feel more coherent. I think there were also supposed to be pics for our last post from Guangzhou but jeff will have to fix it as I think they are saved on his laptop.

7 comments:

p&k said...

Hey Guys! So glad that you're back, and can't wait to hear all about how Ellie adjusts to life at home. Much Love, Kim

ellieshine said...

Jeff & Stephanie,

Our son Elijah was adopted at 19 months from Ukraine. It was a really challenging adjustment. Please know if you want to chat or vent or need advice or encouragement, whatever! I am available. You are forever part of my family now as our Tia (soon ours anyway) and your Ellie spent the first years of their life in the same SWI! I have been praying for you!

Big Hugs from Down Under!

Ellie

About Me said...

I'm glad to see you guys made it home safe and sound and that the girls did great. It's so nice to see Ellie with her family. I can already tell just from the before and after pictures that she is already coming out of her shell. We miss you guys, we should get together sometime when you guys get settled.

Melissa and Brian

Unknown said...

Glad you are home!!! Love the blog

Jen said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound. Still ptsying for you all. We have so enjoyed your blog and getting to keep up with Ellie's adoption and progress.
Love,
Jen and family

Jen said...

Wow, very poor spelling on my part. Good for a laugh, anyway. I meant that we are still praying for you all.
Jen

The Lewis six-pack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.