Thursday, December 20, 2007

Official US citizen



Ellie is officially a US Citizen. Of course she was one as soon as she touched down on US soil but she has received her certificate of US Citizenship and a note from the president. I think I will put it in her scrapbook for her to treasure always..that is when I actually get around to scrap booking again! I used that certificate to and apply for her SS card which we should receive in 10-14 days. After that I will get her US passport and work on the re-adoption process.
She is doing great and we see constant change in her daily. She is gaining more and more sounds and word approximations and seems to like her speech therapist. She has also started PT and will be going to therapy every other week. We are waiting on lab work to come back from the geneticist to see if she has any chromosomal abnormalities though he doesn't appear concerned that she does. He is doing more to rule it out than actually suspect something. She still has more appt that we need to schedule. I fee like I am constantly at either therapy or appt but it will slow down soon and it is all for her benefit.
We are looking forward to our friends the Lukes coming on Sat and staying till Monday and then Jeff's mom and brother from Wed-Sat after Christmas!

No comments: