Friday, April 25, 2008

No shopping for her...

So Ellie really hates to shop. And coincidentally right now I really don't like to shop with her either! None of us are real shoppers in this family unless you count Jeff, who definitely likes to shop for clothes. For me it is just pure drudgery even though I try to have a good attitude about it. But Ellie just seems to hate being in the cart..anywhere in it. Not in the front, nor back nor with her sisters in it with her. However take her out of the cart to let her walk and you might as well have not even gone to the store. So I needed to do a few things today as I am leaving this afternoon for an overnight women's retreat. All two hours of what I needed to accomplish were very painful for us all as she hollered and cried and cried some more and then threw fits. I am pretty sure everyone in every store that we went to were aware of us. Of course Ainsley doesn't appreciate Ellie's cries of misery and has to chime in her own. It is at these times that I have to remind myself why in fact I LOVE my children so much. They're cute when we aren't shopping, they do cute and funny things, and they often they give me hugs and kisses and say I love you in their own way. This is what I have to remind myself of when I shop..if only I could have taken a picture of them both!

1 comment:

Difference2This1 said...

Ooohh!! I SO understand. R&R can be fine, but sometimes, like yesterday at Walmart, both were at their worst. And all eyes are always on us anyway...how embarressing!!!! I try to get everything in during pre-school, but I have to go fast! Next year you can zoom through the stores during pre-school ALL by yourself!