Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Things are moving along

It seems that things move along quickly and I just don't make the time to post. Things have been going well for us here but very busy. I am adjusting to having Ellie in speech three times a week which has been good for her but quite a bit more for me to add to the schedule. It isn't very far to travel as the additional two times a week are at our elementary school only 5 or so minutes away. But it means I have to be home early to get her down for a nap because speech on Mon and Tues is from 3-3:30 and she still needs a 2 hour nap. We have notice a big improvement in how many words she is attempting to imitate which is really good. She is still not saying two words together but any improvement is always good. Physically her gross motor skills are getting better though I think we may invest in some knee pads that she must where everywhere as she is constantly falling. We are so amazed at the progress that Ellie continues to make and we can't believe we are hitting the 6 month mark. The social worker that did our homestudy will be back in our house in a few weeks to do Ellie's 6 month follow-up that we have to do for China. What an amazing 6 months it has been! We can't imagine life without her now:) Her hair is longer, her social skills are better and she has attached really well so far. We are so thankful for our new little addition.
Here are a few new pics of Ellie





Mackenzie and Ainsley are doing well also. School has been going well for both of them and it is so fun to see Ainsley growing up a bit. She has been easier to live with in the last month or so and has overall been doing a good job with Ellie. They still get on each other's nerves at times but they also play really well together too which has been fun to see. Ainsley LOVES preschool and I think is looking forward to kindergarten next year. We just registered her and she will be screened sometime in August. Mackenzie is of course looking forward to summer vacation as am I for a break! But she will be excited about second grade too I think. School has been going well for her and I was finally able to get on her last field trip of the year to the Boone County Arboretum. We had fun and I enjoy getting to know the kids in her class. I volunteer once a week in her class and I really enjoy that time with the kids. I could never be a teacher but volunteering is fun:)
Here are some pics of Mackenzie and Ainsley





Jeff and I are doing well. We were able to get away on an overnight while my mother-in-law was in town and that was great. Work has been busy for jeff but we did manage to repaint the main bath and put up some paneling. We also managed to buy and assemble a new bedroom set for mackenzie from IKEA. I love that store! Hopefully in the next week or so I will takes some pics of the bathroom and her room once it is completely done. Here are a few pics of Jeff and I


No comments: