Saturday, July 12, 2008

Learning to parent three little girls...

So many of my days seem to be about "managing" my three very beautiful little girls that I love to pieces. It amazes me how often what I want to get done comes into conflict with what my kids want to get done. Their lists usually revolve around: eating, watching videos, eating, playing with friends and/or mom and dad, and going to the pool. My list usually involves: keeping the house neat and clean, keeping my kids' minds from turning to mush during the summer months, laundry, and teaching my kids how to love those around them and show Jesus' love to others. As you can see, often these lists come into conflict..but more often than not, I remind myself that some of the things on my list that are most important can also be incorporated into my kid's lists. I don't ALWAYS remember this but I try to! I have had some quality time with each of my girls this summer and am looking forward to continued quality time when we go to Maine on vacation. But most importantly, I am looking forward to using the remainder of the summer weeks to learn what it means to give up my agenda for what really is most important...Spending time with God, my hubby and my three beautiful girls.
Here's some random summer pics..enjoy!





No comments: