Friday, July 25, 2008

Time in Maine

We had a great time on our family vacation in Maine. The flight was uneventful and we all arrived in one piece. We spent the first few days with Jeff's dad and step-mom and had a really good time visiting with them. The girls loved traipsing through the woods near their house and playing with their dogs, Henry and Daisy, who are very cute pugs. I haven't uploaded our photos from our camera but I will post some soon. Then we moved north to spend time with the Moody and Ireland clan. We had a fantastic time. The girls had fun at each place they went and played hard pretty much every day. They played with some of my old toys while at my moms and also had several rousing games of croquet. We spent time at jeff's mom and step-dad's camp, where we went on the four-wheelers, fished, went out in the boat and did a LOT of swimming. The girls thought driving Grammie I's car was pretty cool. I myself was a little freaked out but apparently it was only on the camp roads:) We also went to a parade and a bean-hole-bean dinner. If you don't live in Maine you might just not know what that is...reason enough to go and visit Maine:)
It was a great visit, especially for Ellie as she got to meet lots of people she hadn't yet met. She had a really great time meeting all the new people and really seemed to grow up while she was there. Jeff and I were able to connect with some old friends from high school which was fun and of course just spending time with family is great.
One of the highlight for me is going up to visit Mt. Katahdin. We do this every time we go home as I have lots of childhood memories from the "mountain". The pictures that I will post are ones that my brother took with his camera and I have uploaded onto our computer.
Mor photos to come..enjoy:)



2 comments:

Living day by day for Jesus said...

What kind of camera does he have??? LOVE these pics!

aaronolsen@mac.com said...

Hi LDBDFJ,
The camera is a Kodak Z812 IS. They have a newer one. It's a Z1012 IS. There's an even newer one that can be pre-ordered...the Z1015 IS. It's due to ship Sept. 2 I believe.

The 812 is 8 Megapixels with a 12x Zoom, thus the name 812. It's part of Kodak's Z series, thus...Z812. IS stands for Image Stabilization.

My local Sam's Club has the Z812 IS for $209. If it were me...I'd wait for the Z1015. It has a longer zoom AND it can capture to the RAW format. Mine only does JPEG. RAW allows you to manipulate the image a lot more...WAY more, actually, It's not even close. It's $299.

Just a couple of tips -if you're interested- The disposable lithium CRV3 batteries are truly a huge waste of money because they don't last long with these types of cameras. I think they run about $10. They'll go maybe 2 days then they're toast. Gotta throw 'em away. The Kodak Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery KLIC-8000 will last maybe a day (depending on your use and recharges in a few hours and costs $30.

Anyway...I could go on. If you'd like any more in depth info, you can email me @ aaronolsen1@yahoo.com. I'd be happy to tell you what I know. I bought the camera mostly for the video. It shoots HD. You can look at some of the photo's and video's that it's produced here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13673081@N07/

I believe I have the EXIF data enabled so you can see which photo's were done with the Kodak (some were with Canon and Olympus).

HTH

aaron

PS...I've been meaning to send Steph some video I took of them on their trip to Maine. Maybe she'll share it with you :)