Thursday, December 18, 2008

PS

If nurses, doctors, or pretty much anyone else in the science field were as inaccurate as weather forecasters, I feel confident in saying they would probably be out of a job.  If I was only 10-20% accurate in starting IV's, or doctors were only 10-20% sure on diagnoses ( though there are times I think that's the case..), we would certainly not succeed and thrive in our respective fields. They call weather forecasting a science but it seems like there accuracy rate, at least locally, is really poor.  How do they still have jobs or is it really not a science?  I am baffled and perplexed by how often they are actually just dead wrong.  Not even close.  Its like saying you have a brain tumor when you actually have the flu.  Though obviously not the same degree of seriousness, still it seems that they should have some level of accountability and improvement for their complete inaccuracy.  Yet, I haven't seen much change in the last few years.  Since in all honesty I hardly ever pay attention to the weather, for that very reason, maybe I am not a good measure of whether there has been improvement.  Maybe they have improved and I just don't pay any attention. Or maybe I am rambling on because I actually have time to write.  Better stop writing so that I don't confirm to everyone how certifiably crazy I am!

No comments: