Thursday, January 15, 2009

I came, I saw and I forgot to blog about it...

As par for the course, I haven't blogged in a number of weeks.  I have been too busy following my friend's blogs to actually keep up with our own!  And my friends..they all seem to be doing great in the New Year:)  We had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.  Jeff's mom and brother came in the day after Christmas and we spent 5 wonderful days with them.  We received a Wii from Jeff's mom and stepdad and have loved it!  We have had a lot of fun learning how to play multiple different games.  I, of course, have spent the least time on it and Jeff has spent the most. The girls have actually spent a bit of time with it and Mackenzie has reached a World Record on the rowing event on Mario Olympics.  She's pretty happy...Ainsley not so much since she can't beat Mackenzie!  But Ainsley enjoys the bowling a lot and does well at that and they both duke it out on tennis.  I think I may have arrived at my first Wii injury, which is fascinating since I play it the least!  Apparently, I have a very violent throw when I bowl so I need to learn how to bowl without throwing my shoulder out of joint:)

Christmas was just a great break to catch up with each other as a family and we had such a nice and relaxing time.  We didn't travel, didn't actually get out much but had fun together just hanging out!  Our friends, the Lukes, were in for New Year's Eve and stayed till Jan 3 which was a fun treat.  We don't usually get to see them that much over Christmas and we had a blast as of course did the kids!  What could be more fun than having 3 teens give you attention!:)

And now our New Year is off to a great start.  We are looking forward to the New Year and all the exciting things that God has in store for us this year.  The girls are still really enjoying school and Ellie is making some great strides in her speech.  I am hearing her start to say 2 word phrases which is good.  Often it seems to be that she takes some strides forward and then back which I have noticed since every one has gone home from Christmas but I am sure she will settle in and continue to progress.  She seems to have the most difficulty adapting to change in routine but she loved Christmas this year!  It was fun to see her open gifts and have fun.

I will post some pics when I have a few more minutes but thought it was time to catch up and not just follow everyone else's blog!

2 comments:

Meghan and Guy said...

I, too, received a Wii injury when we first got ours. It seems that you can in fact get tennis elbow even if you stink at tennis! We have a blast with ours though. For Christmas my mom got Wiis for Amy and Keely. Mom and Dad already have one, as did we. I guess we are now just one big happy Wii family. lol

Difference2This1 said...

So glad you had a quiet and fun Christmas! It's great to read all your blog updates!