Friday, June 19, 2009

Amazed

I continue to be amazed by all those who are able to keep up with their blog more faithfully than myself.  Once I get behind on things catching up seems to be more difficult.  But I will try to catch everyone up on the last few weeks.  School finished up well for the girls.  Nothing major happened but we seemed to keep pretty busy the last week of school making sure they had everything turned in and up to date.  They missed their last three days of school because we left for the beach so I wanted to make sure they were ok to go.  Mackenzie had her end of the year drama recital and I got a couple of pictures that I will post.  It went well but it was very long.  I have learned for next year that I probably need to find a sitter for Ellie because she just isn't ready to sit through a 2 1/2 hour recital.  
We left for the beach on Saturday morning, May 30th, I believe.  We spent the day driving and stopped at a hotel outside of Philly.  The girls of course enjoyed our hotel stay.  The next morning we stopped at Target on our way out to pick up a few things that we forgot.  As we were backing up, we hit another vehicle backing up and spent the next hour plus giving our statement to the police officer.  Jeff was looking and didn't see anyone so who knows.  But that took some time out of our schedule.  We did still drive into Philly to see some of the historical things that the girls have never seen.  We did the tour of Independence Hall and took some time to see the Liberty Bell.  We also took a carriage ride through the area and they gave us all the historical information on the area.  The girls loved it but not sure they paid a lot of attention to the history part:)
Then onto the beach later in the afternoon.  We spent a few hours down at the beach that night in our clothes.  I need to learn that anytime we go to the beach my children lack the ability to just play in the sand and they must get completely wet.  Even though it wasn't that warm I should have just put their suits on them because they ended getting wet anyway!  The weather this year wasn't nearly as stellar as last year.  We never had any days where it was really hot and I didn't actually get into the water all the way at any point.  We did have a few nice days to enjoy the beach and the girls got in the water.  Ellie didn't like the water the first day but Rachel came in and saved the day and after that we couldn't keep Ellie from the water!  As a matter of fact she seemed to lose all fear of the water and I had to be constantly on her to not go out too far or wander off.  Mackenzie did some boogie boarding while we were there and I think Ainsley got to see the very beginnings of going out a little deeper.  I don't think she actually did any boogie boarding though.  We unfortunately did get a few days of constant rain.  We took that time to hang out inside and play games/read/watch tv.  Denise and I took the our two older girls to see Up since the older kids had seen it a few nights before.  I thought it was pretty good and they seemed to be entertained.  Though I didn't think it as funny as some and thought it had several really sad moments which I wasn't expecting.  
We did take our bikes this year for the first time and did go on several long bike rides which was fun.  Mackenzie and Ainsley did well on one bike ride and then they stayed home for the second ride with Rachel.  I was glad we took them and were able to enjoy them.  We had a great vacation and had a fantastic time as usual with our friends.  
Since returning home we have been catching up on just general what not and enjoying our summer vacations.  We have gone to the park several times and I have taken the kids on one bike ride.  Jeff was gone a week and a half and he got home this past Tues night from Italy.  He took Thursday and Friday of this week off to hang out with the fam.  Yesterday he watched the girls for me so I could work and today we are off to pick Mackenzie up from camp.  Mackenzie has been at church camp all week and I have really missed her.  I can't wait to finally pick her up!  Well that has been the last few weeks in a nut shell and hopefully it has caught everyone up.  





















No comments: