Monday, June 29, 2009

Water, water and more water

We have been spending a LOT of time at the pool.  Pretty much every day last week we spent multiple hours at the pool.  The girls are really enjoying their summer vacation and every morning when Ellie gets up she looks at me and says, "baby soup"?  You might wonder what exactly baby soup is?  Well, it is her version of bathing suit!  We have been working on this for a while and I think we aren't getting closer but still not quite there.  Oh well...baby steps are good too!  She has made a ton of progress in the water and though she would still prefer to be in the baby pool, the fit throwing has at least subsided some if she doesn't get to always be in the baby pool.  She can now "swim" with her floaties!!  Last year it took her swim vest and floaties just to keep her head above water but now she is able to kick her feet and kind of move her arms.  Wouldn't it be cool if by the end of the summer she could actually swim without them!  I think that might be a bit lofty of a goal but we shall see.  Mackenzie and Ainsley are like fishes in the water and they love going to the pool.  My summer sitter took them to her pool on Thursday while I worked.  Apparently her pool is pretty cool.  It has a water slide, a diving board and big rafts that you can lay on and float around the pool.  However it has some bugs in it.  They were debating which one they liked best.  Hers would have one hands down if it didn't have any bugs:)  So that's how we have been spending our summer vacation the last week.  In addition to going to the fun of the pool we have seen lots of friends at the pool too which is always a blast!  
Today we have speech and Ainsley is hoping to have a friend over for a few hours.  Then it will be time to get her ready to go to summer camp tonight!  Since her camp is only 1st-2nd graders, she will only be gone till Wed morning which is just the right amount of time for her.  I will be picking up Ainsley and two of the neighbors on Wed.  I will be working on Thursday and then we leave for SC on Friday!  Yea!!  Can't wait to see my brother and his family and the girls can't wait to hang out with the cousins!  And as an extra cool added bonus we get to see our friends Patrick and Kim and their two kiddos, Moyer and Keturah.  They are in the States for the summer from China so we made plans to meet up in SC.  I am pretty excited!  This will be our "first" time meeting Keturah in person though we have followed her pretty faithfully on their blog.  I believe she was born in December though I guess I would have to check their blog to make sure I am accurate...so we have never met her.  But I am guessing she's probably as cool as her older brother Moyer:)
So those are our last few days in a nut shell.  I don't think I have any new and recent pictures to post but I am sure we will have some cool ones when we get back from SC!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so glad that you get to see Kim and Patrick. They came by here the other day, and I was so excited to finally meet Patrick and their beautiful children. Keturah is beautiful, and if she hadn't been falling asleep in her car seat, I would have insisted on holding her! Moyer wasn't so sure about us, but I did manage to squeeze one little smile out of him. ;)

Difference2This1 said...

We are so jealous to be swimming every day!!! :) Sounds like a great way to spend the summer!!