Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sickness is following us

So we are sick again. Or should I say, the girls are sick again. Mackenzie and Ainsley woke with a sore throat Friday morning but didn't have a fever so I gave them Motrin and sent Ainsley to school and Mackenzie, Ellie and I to our Friday co-op. Mackenzie still didn't feel well after co-op and since we were having guests in this weekend, I thought I should take her to the doctor. So what do I do but call the pediatrician. Of course I have to then wait an hour for them to call me back. They finally call me back to tell me they have no appt times available though I can schedule an after hours appt at 5:30 and pay $50. I turned them down and said thanks, but no thanks! I ended up taking her to an Urgent Care, waiting 3 hours in the waiting room with her and Ellie and finally getting in to see a Dr. She had strep which I already figured she had and he wrote her a prescription. So off to pick up her prescription at Walgreens. We finally get home at 5:45 in time for my neighbor (who was watching Ainsley for me after school), to call and tell me that Ainsley had just vomited and she probably would want a ride home. Seriously?? And I had to be at worship practice at 6 for the Women's Morning of Praise rehearsal. I get her home and in the house and have to decide what to do. So long story short, our friends wisely ended up not coming to see us and our germs, I dosed both of the girls, which is probably illegal, but since neither Jeff and I were up for 5 hours in Urgent Care again, that's just how it goes. They are both feeling better today which is par for the course and worship went well this morning at Morning of Praise. We will be going out tonight for our annual Jack-o-lantern walk later tonight. Hopefully none of us get sick any more and we stay on the road to recovery!

No comments: