Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Swine flu...H1N1..pigs flying..whatever you want to call it..

I think we have it! Ainsley was sick last weekend with a cough and high fever. It broke Sunday and she said she was feeling better so we sent her on to school Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday she came home with a low grade fever and was lethargic so I made an appt to take her in to our pediatrician's office this morning. I did end up taking her even though she woke up and seemed ok. She is fine and her lungs sounded clear according to the Dr. Now I am sick and feeling miserable. Shouldn't moms get a pass on sickness? I mean I understand that when sin entered into the world it was through Eve and we all have to deal with the effects of the fall. But seriously?? While attempting to care for my sick kids, I get sick...blah!
On a positive note though, Ellie seems to have the immune system of a Vitamin C tablet because she is almost never sick. She started with some symptoms but they have been very mild and not caused her to miss school and now I notice nothing. Mackenzie so far so good. And then there's Jeff. Apparently he's sick too but with his oh so superior immune system, it is hard to tell! He's not feeling top notch but certainly not as sick as I am. So I have learned I am a very bad patient and melodramatic sick person...and I wonder where they got it from?:)
Anyway, we have a long weekend trip planned for Indianapolis so I am hoping we all feel better by then which is really only 2 days away. Please pray because we are all looking forward to getting away for a bit!

No comments: