Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday and sickness..one didn't cause the other..

Apparently I need to update my blog.. :)
We have been doing well here but busy. I find that doing three different things with three different girls takes a lot of advanced planning. I am still a work in progress when it comes to this...but then I probably will be for the rest of my life!
Mackenzie continues to love homeschooling and is really thriving. It continues to be a lot of work for me but I enjoy it a lot also. Classical Conversations has been a really great opportunity for us and provides us with the basis for what we do most days. While I add a math curriculum and Spanish, that's about it because CC provides everything else that I think she needs. It makes for a very LONG Thursday for us since that is when we meet but we are still loving it.
Ainsley is thriving in school and I love being as involved with her class as I can. I volunteer once a week on Tuesday for 1 1/2 hours and then eat lunch with her. She loves this as much as I do. She missed school this past Friday because she was sick and though I have no idea, my guess is swine flu. She is now finally starting to perk up but was sick Friday-today with a cough, sore throat and high fever. It got up to 103.9 several times and though Motrin is great when the fever is high it only brings it down a couple of degrees. At least that's our experience. It was homecoming weekend at Cedarville and we had lot of plans that we had to miss. Jeff took Mackenzie with him and went to the parade and his 10th reunion luncheon. They had a blast which was cool. I however stayed home with a very sick Ainsley and a bored Ellie since we couldn't do much:( Jeff stayed home from church today and thankfully when Mackenzie and I got home she was feeling better. Hopefully she will up to school tomorrow!
Ellie is doing well. She had a Occupational therapy evaluation last Wed and that went well. She gave me some ideas to work on and the option of setting up regular therapy sessions. Not sure what we will opt to do as adding another therapy takes a lot of time and not sure where I can fit it in but at least I have some ideas of things to work on with her which is good.
The girls have a fall break this weekend so we are planning a trip to Indianapolis to have some fun:) They are all looking forward to it. I can't believe how fast time seems to fly though. It is already October! We are now enjoying some great fall weather and I LOVE it! What could be better than having it cool enough to wear a sweater but not too cold? I can't think of anything! So until my next post, enjoy fall!
I will try to post some pics soon!

No comments: