Friday, September 17, 2010

Home Visits

Yesterday we had our first home visit with our home study agency. She met with us and did a short interview with both Jeff and I. I made a copy of our last home study which I think was helpful. She was able to ask update questions and move quickly through the process. Things went smoothly and we were done earlier than anticipated so that was great. Now it's finding a time to meet with her again that seems to be the daunting issue. She has to meet with the girls and us. She doesn't come up here very often and to meet with the girls the weekends would be preferable. She had this Saturday available but we are going to King's Island on Saturday. Then she's busy for the next 4 weekends. I am busy the weekend she suggested and on it goes. I may pull the girls from school for a day and try to drive to Lexington and meet with her. It slightly frustrates me that we can come so far only to have to wait to meet for another month and delay the process so long just because the agency is so far away. I am trying to be patient, but she informed me that the I800 process, which is next, has been taking 4 months. So it looks like the earliest we would be DTC would be Feb or March. I wish it wasn't so far away! But I guess everything to this point has gone along smoothly so I really shouldn't complain at all. Just pray that I can be patient. I got my physical on Tuesday. Hopefully I can pick the paperwork up on Monday and that it is filled out correctly. China is very detailed about how the form should be filled out. I had to get lab work done so I also had to go in on Wed am to get blood drawn. Jeff has his physical Thursday of next week and I think he is going to try to get his lab work done while he is there. I think the only other thing we are waiting on is our PA child abuse clearances and my passport.

Nothing too exciting this week on the home front. Jeff was gone Monday-Wednesday. He's been traveling a lot the last few weeks. I am trying to convince him to stay the next two weeks because he is gone for a week in 3 weeks and he has been gone 3 days of each week for the last 4 weeks I think. I volunteered at the girls' school for picture day on Wed and then today I will be volunteering for health check day. So it means I have been pretty busy this week too. Mackenzie has early dismissal today so I have to pick her up extra early and she likes this! The high light that we are looking forward to is King's Island Day on Saturday! It is P&G's annual day at King's Island and we are looking forward to lots of fun, fun, FUN! The girls are ecstatic. I don't ride most of the rides but it is a lot of fun to watch them.

Hopefully I will get some good pictures to post.

Sorry I haven't taken out my camera in recent days.

I will do better!

1 comment:

Living day by day for Jesus said...

I didn't realize you were adopting again! SUPER exciting! I am catching up on my blogs today...I should be packing...moving back home to Kentucky for a while...

Praying all goes well and in God's time!