Monday, September 6, 2010

Paperwork

I remember now what so easily seems to fade into the background after you adopt.
Paperwork. And lots of it!
I have been working on all of the paperwork that is required for us to proceed with adoption #2.
I don't think much has changed in the way of paperwork, I just think that once you bring your child home you forget about it.
But that's what I have been busy doing. And there's a feeling of accomplishment in me that I am close to having all that I can gather together. Apparently I let my passport expire so I have to get a new one.
Left to do on our list before we can start our homestudy:
Physicals for Jeff and I
Physicals for the girls-I think I can actually just bring in the form and have the docs fill it out if they have had a physical in the last 6 months so this is what I will try to do.
Verification of Employment for Jeff-I already have mine
Waiting on letters of recommendation from 2 people
New online Hague Training for both Jeff and I
Wait for background check/child abuse clearances to come back
Pick up the girls immunization records

Once we get all that completed, I can call the agency that will be completing our homestudy and set up a time to meet with the social worker. I am hopeful that we can get through our actual homestudy quickly! Once that's done we can get all of our paperwork together and submit for our I800A, which we need with all the new Hague Convention rules. The I800A is our USCIS/INS approval that shows that according to the US we are ok to adopt. The technical name for it is the "Application of Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country."

I am hoping to have all of this completed so that we are DTC (Dossier To China-this means all of our paperwork has been sent to China) by early December.

2 comments:

Teish said...

Sounds like a pregnancy! You sort of forget how hard being pregnant and going through labor was once you have the baby in your arms. :-) Praying that things go smoothly and quickly for you!

Difference2This1 said...

AAH!!! So there with you!!! The Hague stuff makes things more complicated (though I totally "get it" why it puts in some more safeguards for everyone, including the children). I told Greg after we finished with USCIS fingerprints this round that I'm never doing it again...never, never, never. He just snickered. :)