Thursday, January 15, 2009

Star of the Month

Ainsley was selected as star of the month for November. She was honored at this months' PTA meeting and so we decided to go. However it fell on a Tuesday which is cell group night. So we opted to have me go with Ainsley and Jeff take the other two to cell group. She originally wanted to go but as it got closer to the time to leave, she changed her mind. I told her in no uncertain terms that we were going. So we got to the school and she was really nervous. She told me she didn't want to walk up there so I told her that was ok. We would just stay and watch and pick her certificate and prizes at the end. But as the evening wore on and she saw the other kids go up from all of the other classes, she seemed to pick up confidence. At first it was.."I'll go up if you walk me up" and then it was "I think I can go up alone." I wasn't sure if she would do it but she did and I was very proud!

Here are a few pics from the big night!



No comments: