Wednesday, August 25, 2010

An E-mail...

I wanted to share an e-mail we recently received from one of the large group teachers involved with our Children's Ministry.

I am sharing it with her permission.

Often I forget to celebrate the amazing things that God has done in the lives of my kids, especially Ellie. She has come so far, but often I forget this and focus on the things she still needs to improve on. Her personality is so extraverted and mine is right in the middle and there are times (many of them to be exact) when I want to try to shush Ellie, calm down her exuberance at life and in general just want her to be more like me. I am ashamed to admit it because God has created each of my kids and their differing personalities. He loves that we are all different yet we make up one body if we trust in Him.

This letter reminded me to take every moment and celebrate what He has done in Ellie's life and to celebrate who He created her to be...

Jeff & Stephanie:

Each month when I’m in CrosswayKids I try to recognize a child who is doing something special or out of the ordinary--showing leadership, or helping others out, being a peacemaker, participating enthusiastically, just something out of the norm that stands out. Then I also email his/her parents to brag on their child.

This month, that child was Ellie. Ellie made my day yesterday!! It was her first time in the elementary large group and I have no doubt that she had a wonderful time.

Since you both work in CrosswayKids I don’t need to tell you how challenging it can often be to get some of the kids to participate in worship. But not Ellie!! Ellie was dancing and singing her little heart out and when worship was over she turned around to me and said “I want to do it again!”

Before the lesson, I had all of the kids introduce themselves since we had new ones in the group... some mumbled their names under their breath, but Ellie introduced herself to the group loudly and clearly.

She paid attention during the lesson and participated very enthusiastically!! When I asked questions she always raised her hand to answer, never just shouting out. As an ice breaker to draw into a bigger point, I asked the kids what their favorite breakfast food was. Apparently the kids loooove breakfast food because everyone wanted to answer. So I was going around the room letting everyone say their breakfast food, Ellie was waving and shaking her little hand in the air, very excited, but she never answered until she was called on. (By the way, her favorite breakfast is toaster strudels!) :-)

Ellie rocks!!!

I am excited that Ellie has moved up to the elementary group, I really look forward to watching her grow and learn in Crosswaykids!!

donna

Thanks Donna!!






2 comments:

p&k said...

Thanks for sharing this, Steph. Loved it.

Give Ellie a hug for us--

The Clark Family said...

Love it, Steph. A great reminder for me, too!