Friday, August 20, 2010

First Day of School

Well we have completed our first two days of school and overall I think it went great!
There were of course a few glitches and crazy moments but all in all I think the kids had a fantastic beginning of a new school year!
Ainsley and Ellie seem to love their new teachers and have had a lot of fun already. I knew they would like their teachers because I know both of their teachers. Mackenzie and Ainsley both had Mrs. Baker for kindergarten and she is awesome. Mackenzie had Ms. Quinlan for 1st grade and that is who Ainsley now has for 2nd grade. Looks to be a great school year.
Mackenzie was the wild card, starting a new school with new teachers and all that involves. I honestly was pretty nervous for her, because she was a little nervous on the first day. Beechwood doesn't have a meet the teacher night and there was construction going on in the school so we didn't even get to take a tour of the new school. She did great however and I am so proud of her. When she got into the car after the 1st day, she didn't stop talking the entire 25 minutes it took to get to her sister's school! She seems to love her new teacher and loves all her new classes and the fun stuff they get to do! I am ever so thankful!
I myself and loving my new schedule. I am working Tuesday and Thursdays and then have Mon, Wed and Friday mornings left to do stuff I need to get done and volunteer. Looking forward to a great year of school!









No comments: