Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Thankful

Reading over other's friend's and acquaintance's blogs, I am reminded again that I have so much to be thankful for.
And that being thankful isn't always about the earthly possessions that we have though I am thankful for those things as well.
I can choose to be thankful even in the most difficult of circumstances and trying of times because God knows me and loves me. He sees my weaknesses and my shortcomings and He still loves me.
There are days when moving seems to be so overwhelming I can barely accomplish half of what I want to do and then there are days when it's ok. But I am trying to remember that I don't just choose to be thankful on the days that are ok but also on the days that aren't so ok. My thankfulness shouldn't depend on my circumstances but on who God is...and it's a lesson that sometimes seems painfully slow for me to learn, but I will keep plugging on...

Thankfulness...something I need to remember on this very wet, cloudy and cold day.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Amen! Thanks for the great reminder, Steph! I'm praying for you during this time of transition.