Sunday, January 30, 2011

Relaxing weekend

It has been a nice, relaxing weekend. We have had very few plans this weekend which has been great. The older girls had a friend overnight on Friday but she left very early Sat morning. I didn't even know she needed to leave early and she was gone before I got up! She is the next door neighbor and they were at her house till after 8 before the came back over here to ask if she could spend the night, so by the time they got over here, I guess they just concluded I didn't need to know! So they set the alarm, woke up on their own, and she went home all by 8 am.
The rest of Sat was spent relaxing until I had to take Ellie to a friend's birthday party at Lazer Kraze. It always makes me smile to see her playing with all her Asian friends. One of her friend's turned 5 and though the entire party wasn't made up of Asian friends there were quite a few of them there. I hope that we are able to connect with a good Asian/adoption community when we move.
Mackenzie, however, was sick all day yesterday. She said her head and tummy hurt and she had a fever so she will be home with dad today since I have to oversee the kid's area at church today. Poor girl. She hates being sick on the weekends. She doesn't seem to mind it during the week since she can skip school, but on the weekends...not so much fun :( Hopefully when she wakes she will be feeling a little better.
All in all a nice, relaxing weekend. It will be our last for a while, so I am trying to really enjoy it!

No comments: