Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We had a pretty nice weekend this past weekend. Saturday Mackenzie had her third soccer game and she did great. The team won. Even though she didn't score this time, she really played well as did the whole team. They are starting to look like a team:) We had friends over on friday night. All the kids watched Nim's Island and the adults hung out and played cards. I found I may need some more practice at Euchre! The rest of Saturday was fairly relaxing...until the evening. Jeff was invited to a Dayton Dragons baseball game and so he was gone for the evening. The girls and I had plans for a girl's night but after making a quick trip to the store, I had to send them to bed early because of their behavior. They were none to pleased but I reminded them that they were given plenty of chances and that they hadn't changed their behavior. We were all sad but especially Mackenzie and Ainsley, who were really looking forward to it. I stuck my ground and hopefully at some point they learn that constantly irritating each other gets them nowhere fun. Or maybe not!
Sunday we had church and then Mackenzie had a friend over from church. In the evening we had a sitter come and watch the kids as we went out to watch the WEBN fireworks at a friend's condo. She and her sister rented out the clubhouse and had a shindig there. The clubhouse overlooks the Ohio River where the set the fireworks off but we were a ways down the river. We could see them but not hear them. It was a fun night and we are thinking of getting a hotel next year in downtown Cincinnati and bringing the girls as they would love it I think.
Monday we took the girls to the zoo. They had a lot of fun and did very well. We were there for almost 5 hours and by the time we got home were hot, Hot and HOT. It has been in the 90's the last few days. I managed to do some serious trimming of my rosebushes. That took a long while but Ainsley helped me so that was nice of her:) She did actually trim some of the dead flowers off but I had to continually remind her that they had thorns and eventually she decided it was too hot to be outside any more! And we ended the day by all watching Nim's Island and eating popcorn. A fun and relaxing weekend.





No comments: