Friday, September 26, 2008

Car repairs

So I dropped our van off for repairs Tues morning. We have had some ongoing issues with the driver's side door not functioning properly and have taken it in 5 times since February. They haven't managed to fix it and said they needed to order parts two times and then said it was fixed twice when it wasn't. So needless to say when we called to see if the part had come in (since of course they didn't call us like they said they would) and the guy said they would need the van for 2-3 days for repair work, I politely told him he would be providing us with a loaner. He said he would talk with his boss..and I said that's fine but we will still be having a loaner since it was their fault this repair has taken so long. They gave us one which is fortunate because it is now Friday and we still don't have the van back. The airbag light came on for a second time and apparently they had to order yet another part. I wonder if we will have it back by this weekend..I am beginning to doubt. We do have a loaner van which is good but I forgot to get the garage door opener out of our van so I have to get out and open and close the garage door every time we leave. Of course that's completely my fault and I am VERY THANKFUL to have a loaner van. Being without any method of transportation for his long would have been a big deal. So thank you Toyota for hopefully taking care of my van door. If you redeem yourselves and do better from here on out I may not buy a Honda the next time around.

No comments: