Thursday, July 29, 2010

A blog worth checking out

I love reading Perry Noble's blog. He is the pastor of Newspring in Greenville, SC.
He offers a lot of insight, encouragement and often a whack upside the head.
His blog is definitely worth checking out.

A post that he wrote yesterday entitled Why I Believe You Can Do Exactly What God Has Called You To Do spoke to me.
Here's a portion of it. If you want to read the rest, check out his blog.

Why I Believe You Can Do Exactly What God Has Called You To Do! July 28, 2010

I believe you can do exactly what God has called you to do!

We serve a God who is a MASTER at calling those who are not “qualified” to do things that seem “impossible!”

I believe that when a person becomes obsessed with the character of God by reading the Word of God and then gets empowered by the Spirit of God…that person is unstoppable and his/her potential is unlimited as long as they will dare to continually follow Jesus and refuse to play it safe! (See Zechariah 4:6-7)

(A quick note on this…you’ve GOT to make sure you’ve heard from God and are not simply getting ready to do something and then begging Him to work!)

I believe God puts dreams and visions in our hearts that are so HUGE that it causes great desperation for HIM and HIS power…thus leading to the world seeing what HE can do through us rather than what we can do “for Him!” (The bigger the revelation the greater the desperation!)

I believe we are all GIFTED....

Check out his blog for the rest of the post!

It spoke to me specifically because I am wrestling with what God wants of me right now.

I desire to be used by God in life changing ways. Life is WAY to short to waste time on things that don't really matter. It is just a matter of seeing what the next step is...I am glad I am not alone on this journey called life and that He is with me all the time.

Amazing!



No comments: