Monday, July 12, 2010

South Carolina

We spent almost a week with my brother and sister-in-law and their family over the 4th and had a blast as usual. We drove down on the Wednesday before the 4th and had that evening through Saturday with everyone. Jeff had to fly out of Greenville early Sat afternoon for a business trip to China which was a bummer but the girls and I managed to still have a great time even while they were missing their daddy. We got to experience our first swim meet and had a lot of fun watching the kids compete. Their oldest four swim for their subdivision swim team and it is pretty competitive. They all did a fantastic job! It was especially great to see Jackson swim since he is the only boy in the family and is really into swimming. He did a great job! Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera and didn't get any pictures.

The kids as always had a great time hanging with their cousins. They worked on a play while we were there and performed it for us. It was a great job by all. I did take video but Ellie fussed and was distracting so I decided not to post it. Mark preached at their church on the Sunday we were there which was really cool. I hadn't heard him speak in years so it was especially cool for me. Apparently it had been 6 years since he last preached! Their church is very large and has 2 full-time teaching pastors so rarely does he preach. He did a fanstatic job and he seemed like a natural. I was glad I was able to be there to hear him!

We celebrated the 4th of July in our usual fashion. All the people in their cul-de-sac get together and buy separate fireworks and take turns shooting them off. Jackson LOVES fireworks and is getting old enough to set them off so he had a great time! I enjoyed watching them from the sidelines. Ellie did much better this year. They didn't seem to bother her at all but she did ask to go to bed somewhere around 10..:) It was a great time with the family and we are thankful we at least live close enough to drive to visit them a couple of times a year..

Here are some pics from the week..














No comments: