Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday

While I was at a leadership meeting today, Jeff was manning the home front with one sick girl and one girl in the midst of potty training.  He of course handled it with ease and is a fantastic dad.  I dropped Mackenzie off at a Saturday program that she has been involved with called Explore More.  It is designed for gifted and talented kids who need a little extra to challenge them and Mackenzie has loved it.  She is in a literature class and has learned a lot and had a lot of fun.  I then drove on to a leadership meeting while Jeff took Ainsley to the doctor.  She started not feeling well yesterday and complained of her ears hurting so instead of Jeff going with me to the meeting, he was taking her to the doctor so I could go.  Poor little Ainsley apparently has strep throat.  I was thinking ear infection but alas...often kids think its their ears because their throat makes their ears hurt as well.  So she has had her first dose of antibiotic and hopefully will start to feel better soon.  Ellie is doing fairly well with the potty training and had no accidents while out with Jeff, of course.  I am not sure how he seems to get all the breaks!!  But she has been doing well with it so I can't really complain.  She had one accident yesterday with me at Wendy's but there are bound to be accidents. 
I am taking Mackenzie to see Robin Hood tonight at the Children's Theatre.  She is looking forward to it as am I.  Jeff took Mackenzie and Ainsley the last time and we do have a ticket for Ainsley but since she is sick, I have decided to just have some time with Mackenzie.  It should be fun.  Maybe out to a quick dinner afterwards...though she did go out with Jeff last night to Wendy's.  She's getting all the fun this weekend with us so I will have to do something special with Ainsley next weekend.

No comments: