Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Van update and other fun stuff

So I did finally get my van back on Saturday, only to find out that they didn't actually paint it! I, of course, didn't realize this while I was still at the dealership. I should have but I didn't. So when Jeff noticed that the paint had not been taken care of he called and left a message. I will be bringing it in next week again for another 2-3 days. Now they will be repainting several other scratches for free and filling up the gas tank. I am thinking that we just request they give us a brand new van for free. I mean aim for the sky right?
We had planned on going out to eat Saturday night but the kid's really wanted to go to the Gunpowder Creek Nature Park at the back of our subdivision. We decided to pack a picnic dinner and go there instead. We had a lot of fun together as a family and the kids of course loved it. The creek was pretty low so they were able to easily get around on all the rocks without any issues and founds lots of cool things. Ainsley found a litttle toad and Mackenzie and Daddy found crayfish..or at least I think that's what they are called. Ellie had to go to the bathroom and of course there is not one down in the actual park itself. I tried to get her to just squat on the ground and go but like all other Miller girls before her...that didn't happen! Apparently, she was able to hold it until we got back home, even though she told me about every 2 minutes or so that she had to go! So we all had great fun and we will probably go at least 1 more time before it gets really cool. The hike down the hill is lengthy and the hike back up ever more so. But the girls did great. I challenged Ainsley when she said she was "SOOO TIRED" to see if she could run to the tree that fallen down in less than a minute and then on the top after that...that seemed to spur her on and she is pretty fast when she wants to be. Ellie on the other hand...slower than cold molasses running up hill. Her little legs even when running just don't go that fast so her and I walked VERY slow. She was happy to walk slowly and take everything in around her..which is course makes her walk even slower!:)
Here are some cute pics of the evening
Mackenzie, Ainsley and daddy at the creek

Mackenzie and Ainsley

Mackenzie and Ellie

Ainsley holding the toad

the crawfish..is that really what they are called...I think mini-lobster is more appropriate


Sunday night we had a cookout with our church and had a good time.  Our worship leader is a Kenton County firefighter and I think he orchestrated a fire truck to come.  Who doesn't love a fire truck??  The girls and mom got to hold the hose while they sprayed water..cool:)  And of course I got a few pics of the girls in the sand volleyball court.  They weren't playing sand volleyball though...:)




Ainsley and some of her compadres holding the hose



Mommy and Ainsley holding the hose



Our pastor pretending he's cool..oh sorry..he really is cool..:)


No comments: