Saturday, October 11, 2008

Daddy's Home!!!

The girls and I are excited that Jeff is finally home from his business trip.  He was able to come home a day early and we were so glad to see him.  He stayed home last night with the girls while I went to a friend's wedding.  I had a lot of fun and so did he with the girls.  Ellie even seemed to miss him and ran to give him a hug when he drove in.  She is a bit of a mommy's girl right now.  I don't know if that is attachment or just preference.  Ainsley was the same way at her age.  Ellie does just fine when I am not home and Jeff is watching her but usually if given the preference she would rather have me.  But as soon as I said "Daddy's Home", she ran for the door so that was cool.  Jeff also brought home an extensive array of chocolate that we will be partaking of in the next few weeks.  Very yummy:)  The girls go their own box of one of their favorite chocolates.  Ironically it wasn't daddy that got them addicted to it but my friend, Jill. She sent us some from Germany one time and now every time Jeff goes to Europe, he brings more home. But their very own box..how exciting!:) 
The rest of the weekend we will be hanging out and relaxing and of course watching the Red Sox play:)  Jeff is taking Monday off as the girls had this past Friday and this coming Monday off for teacher inservice days.  I am sure we will find something fun to do!

1 comment:

Jill Porter Photography said...

Oh, was that /me/?? :) I'm so glad I could have some impact in your girls' lives, despite living so far away all the time! And addicting them to chocolate is definitely a great way to impact them - it will live on forever!!

We sure do miss you guys - when are you coming to FL for a visit? You waited too long this year, though... beach season is about over for the year and the pool is a tad chilly now (not that it stops Rebekah, but hey). Maybe I can talk you into it for the spring. :)

Love ya!!
~Jill