Friday, October 3, 2008

Where oh where has the firetruck gone?

I was supposed to go on Ainsley's first Kindergarten field trip today to the Burlington fire dept. But her teacher called me at about 10:30 to let me know that their field trip was cancelled because they had to go out on an emergency call.  I was quite sad as I was very excited to go:(  Oh well hopefully I will still be able to go on the next one.  
This week has literally flown by.  I can't even remember what all we have done but we have been busy:)  I do know that I played in a parents vs kids' soccer game last night and that was a lot of fun.  The parents won 2-0.  I unfortunately didn't get any pics since I was playing and I am not good enough to play and take pictures.  And can you believe that 6-7 year olds trash talk?? Crazy:)!
Wednesday night was the girls' first Awana and they seemed to have fun and like it.  Ainsley was excited to move from cubbies to sparks as she is now a big girl.  She is excited that kindergarten seems to get you everywhere in life:)
Tomorrow is Mackenzie's last soccer game with a barbecue afterwards.  I am missing my 10 year reunion from college to go to her game which is a bit sad but she really wanted to be there so I thought that was more important.  Hopefully they play well and beat the red team (who beat them by quite a bit the first time they played).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a good mom! :)

Jen said...

I would pay for a picture of you playing soccer. HEEHEE. And you ARE a great mom!