Wednesday, April 1, 2009

And on it goes..

Just wanted to update with another quick post about my medicaid experience.  So today I go to the medicaid office closest to me.  I have previously been told to go there and pick up an application for the adult medicaid waver program because kids also fall under the same program. I go to the front desk and there are already like 10-15 people sitting in seats in this room.  I walk up to the desk and she asks if she can help me.  So I explain exactly what I need.  She tells me to sit down, fill it out and wait till they call me up.  Call me up??  What on earth...I just want to fill it out and send it in.  Well that's now how we do it.  You have to fill it out and then we have to interview you.  Can I make an appointment for that?  Nope...you need to sit down, fill it out and then we will call you up.  I ended up taking the paper and leaving, having not been prepared for a 3 hour jaunt to the medicaid office.  I am now no longer a fan of medicaid...at all!  And am definitely wondering if it is worth all this!!  I am not sure when I will have a 3 hour block of time to go into the office without kids any time soon.  But I will keep you all posted....

No comments: