Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Break is almost over..

I can't believe how fast spring break has flown.  I spent thursday doing load after load of laundry and cleaning the house.  Oh and of course another trip to the medicaid office.  While we were in ST. Louis I got a call from our case worker checking up to see if I had applied so I thought I had better get it done.  Apparently she needs the medicaid number to progress any further.  So I hauled all three girls over to the office.  Brought in my application, answered a few questions and sat down to wait..and wait...and wait.  About an hour later, I was taken back, to answer more questions.  We were in that little office for about 30 minutes and by this point Ellie is getting antsy.  By Antsy I mean fussy, irritable and grumpy.  It is getting close to lunch and they are all hungry.  She graciously told me she had about another 20 minutes that she needed to work on this application so I could back out to the main waiting room and wait some more!  By the time we waited some more and went back in the office and I signed a bunch of papers I was pretty much done.  She then explained that I have to essentially fill out yet another application, submit all of financial records for banks, life insurance and paychecks for the last 3 months and then write down all the doctors that she would need to send forms too.  I can bring that in at my convenience but the quicker the better since they can't move forward without it.  Apparently they use these forms to send all the doctor's yet another form they have to sign off on saying she has a disability.  Her case then goes before the Medicaid medical review board for them to make a determination.  By this point, I just wanted to leave and never come back!!  This is harder than actually adopting which is insane!  I am still working on the application and collecting all the necessary documents that are needed.  I am hoping to turn it in by Monday but seriously wondering if it is worth it.  I guess time will tell.  

No comments: