Tuesday, April 7, 2009

St. Louis Day 2

I don't think we brought the transfer cord for our camera so I think I will have to wait till we get home to post pictures of our trip.  After spending about 2 hours in the pool yesterday morning we came back up and I took a warm shower.  The pool wasn't cold but after that long I got cold.  The girls had a blast though.  We watched a little Disney and then ate some lunch in our room.  I brought a few food items to try to save money.  Bread, peanut butter and jelly, raisins, goldfish, yogurt and granola.  Mackenzie really wanted to go to the park so I said sure...after being out for about 3 minutes they were cold since we didn't bring coats.  So back inside we went.  We walked around the hotel for a while and then went down to the lobby and played some checkers on the big checkerboard.  While we were there, they were popping popcorn so we got some of that! Yummy butter covered unhealthy popcorn...so good!  Then I took them to the game room but the machine that converts money to tokens and they wanted to go into the pool area.  I let them roll their pant legs ups and stick their feet in the pool.  They wanted to get their suits on again but I said no.  I decided maybe we could try to get out and do something.  It has warmed up to a balmy 38 so we put on our sweatshirts and sweaters and walked over the the park that surrounds the arch.  By the time we got there we were a little cold and decided to go check out the museum at the base of the arch.  Pretty cool and it warmed us up.  We checked out the gift shop and then went back outside.  The girls wanted to see the geese so we went down but apparently they didn't like out because they hopped out and were trying to chase us.  We hightailed it out of there pretty fast!  Then back to the hotel.  It was a nice break.  We watched a little disney while I tried in vain to get Ellie to take a nap.  

Jeff came back around 5:30 and we made reservations to go to Cunetto's House of Pasta.  Apparently they are a fantastic Italian restaurant here in St. Louis.  The food was fantastic and we loved it.  I think even the girls liked it though they aren't big on Italian.  Of course Ellie will eat anything but Ainsley and Mackenzie are much pickier.  We have a lot of leftover food in the fridge right now!  Jeff took the older two girls back to the pool when we got home while I put Ellie down to bed and watched the beginning part of the game between Michigan and UNC.  By the time they got back to the room , I was ready to go to bed and Ellie still hadn't fallen asleep. We did end up all having a pretty decent night of sleep and are all awake now.  Jeff left for work around 6:30 St. Louis time...7:30 our time.  

There's a lot happening here in St. Louis this week so the hotel is pretty busy.  Yesterday was opening Day for the Cardinals.  A pretty cold day for opening day but there are people here for opening day.  And then the women's Final Four has been here too.  The first game was Sunday night  and we watched some of it on the big screen at the restaurant.  The championship game is tonight right down the road from our hotel.  Pretty cool.

I think we need to get ourselves ready and get some breakfast.  I am not sure the plan for the day.  I think we will get some breakfast, go to the pool, get ready for the day and then either take the metro or grab a taxi to go to the Science Center.  Spend the afternoon there and then head off to another great restaurant for dinner with Jeff.

No comments: