Saturday, April 11, 2009

St. Louis Day 3

Today was a fun day.  Jeff left for work a little bit earlier but we lazed around and finally got up at around 8.  We went to breakfast and then back to the pool for lots of swimming.  We then went back up to the room after swimming and Ellie and I showered.  The other didn't want to so I just let them get dressed.  We watched Princess Diaries 2 on Disney and then ate some lunch.  My plan was to take then to the Science Center in the afternoon.  I thought I had done sufficient research on the metro and I thought it would get us there.  But when I asked at the front desk they told me the closest it came to the Science Center was still a 3 mile walk.  Needless to say, we opted for a taxi.  They called him for me and then gave me his name and number so I could call when we were done.  Not a cheap venture out but a fan one:)  The girls had lots of fun at the Science Center.  The two older ones got Build-A Bear's as there is one in the basement of the Science Center.  Awful idea in my opinion but I bet they think it is brilliant!  That was there one thing they go on the trip with their spending money.  There was a Science Woman doing experiments on Peeps and yes I mean the little yellow chicks.  She was testing different hypothesis and it was really cool.  She had a control peep, whom of course she named but I can't remember it:)  Then she put one in a vacuum, one in a boiling pot of water, one in the microwave and one she covered with liquid nitrogen.  It was so cool:)  Ellie was overtired of course and ready to go to bed which means she threw lots of fits but we took a snack break and that helped her out.  Food always helps Ellie out:)  She actually doesn't eat that much but eats so slowly it seems that eats a lot.  Then we called the taxi and they came and got us and brought us back to the hotel shortly before 5.  Jeff came home and we were off to dinner at Max and Erma's right down the road from the hotel.  On the way back, I stopped at the Visit St. Louis shop and bought all of us sweatshirts, except Jeff.  I don't think I have ever seen him wear one and he wasn't about to start now!  Off to do some more swimming in hopes that they hot tub was open..but alas something must have been wrong with it because there was no water:( Very sad for me but we did have lots of fun swimming.  Then off to bed!

No comments: