Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Home today

Mackenzie ended up staying home all day. I thought about taking her in for a half day but she wanted to stay home so I let her. I had her do some work on math facts and work on some Awana homework too. She is working on learning the books of the Old Testament. I don't remember learning them myself. It seems I have just always known them. But it is pretty funny to listen to her say some of them. Even though they give a phonetic pronunciation on the side of each of the book names she still managed to make me laugh. I should record her but then that might end up embarrassing her so I guess I shouldn't:) Then she and I played tanks on Wii play. We love that game but she is much better than me because I don't often find time to play:) She was pretty gracious though and didn't taunt me too much:) I had a dentist appt at 2 so she went with me to that and I got 2 fillings. Yuck! I got my mouth numbed at 2 and it is 5:15 and it is still numb. Jeff and I are supposed to eat out tonight at our regular date night with Ellie. Hopefully I can feel my mouth by then or I could do some serious damage. The girls have Awana tonight and when Jeff is in town we usually do a "Date Night with Ellie." It used to be our date night before we brought Ellie home but we decided Ellie wasn't ready for Awana (or they weren't ready for her that is..:) So we have changed it to date night with Ellie night. TGI Fridays for dinner because we have a BOGO coupon and gift cards so it's free!! And then on to Home Depot. Could it get any better than that??:) Jeff is going to try to haggle them down on the cost of a new counter top. It should be fun. Hopefully he can get the price down!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Try the link below. I put the song on a cd for Anthony when he was learning the books of the Bible. We would listen to it a couple of times a day in the truck. It didn't take him long to learn them. http://www.ebibleteacher.com/children/sounds/OldTestamentSong2.mp3

I saw your blog on one of your emails. Very cool!!