Wednesday, February 25, 2009

We almost dodged a bullet

But not really...Mackenzie got strep yesterday. Or at least I took her to the doctor yesterday. She has been complaining of a headache for 3 days or so and I figured I ought to have her checked out. Sure enough, it was strep. So I stayed home with her yesterday and will send her back today around lunch time, since that will be 24 hours from her first dose. We had a good but busy weekend this past weekend. We were out late Friday at our friend's house but apparently not nearly as late as some! We came home around 10:30 or so but some of our friends stayed till 3:30. I contemplate why anyone in their right mind can possibly want to be up till 3:30. It perplexes Jeff and I who are not late owls. I can do 11 and even midnight if I HAVE to but later than that and I just miss any kind of fun that would be. That probably explains why I go to bed early and get up early:)
On Saturday I had to work for a few hours in the morning and Mackenzie had practice for the Family Worship Service this Sunday at church. She is helping lead worship with some of the other kids on the stage. I think she will enjoy this as she has been asking to be more involved on stage. In the evening I took Mackenzie and Ainsley to see High School Musical 2 on stage at the Children's Theatre. It was very well done and they loved it of course! I even splurged this time and bought them cotton candy. In addition to why people stay up late, cotton candy perplexes me. I don't think I have ever liked it. I tried it again and am still confused. It just doesn't taste that good to me but the girls seem to love it. I can think of MANY fair kinds of foods that I love. dough boys, pretzels, caramel apples, and the list goes on but cotton candy has never been one of them. But they got to choose so cotton candy it was...
I had a purse party at a friend's house on Sunday and I took the two older girls, while Ellie was napping, over with me since it was at a neighbor's house. They had lots of fun and I got a free purse so it was great! Since then we have just been busy with school and repainting the kitchen. I will post some pictures once it is finally done!





No comments: