Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Awana

Mackenzie and Ainsley got dressed up for Awana for crazy hair night. I wanted to take pictures of both of them but Ainsley didn't want any taken of her. I did get some of Mackenzie as I did her hair like Pippi Longstocking. I thought it looked pretty cute and she won for her class this year so she thought that was fun. We have been pretty busy in the last few weeks and I can't believe I didn't post more! The girls had all of last off due to weather here in KY. We got about 5 inches of snow, topped with 1-2 inches of ice and then 4-5 more inches of snow. Lots of people in parts of KY are still without power and will be till mid February I have heard. I am so thankful that we didn't lose power! Compared to so many others who lost power and have had to manage without many things the last few weeks, we are sooo blessed!
We actually had a pretty fun week with the girls off school. We played outside a lot and went sliding in our backyard. Though Jeff doesn't like our backyard and wants to do landscaping, I keep telling him that it is perfect for sliding! The neighbors also use it too and the all seem to have lots of fun. So even though the first time I got out last week after speech Monday morning was Friday at 4 to take Mackenzie to Drama, it wasn't too bad! We had fun times together playing inside and outside.
Now we are onto a new week and getting back into the swing of things. Of course the kids have today off too because of more snow. It doesn't seem to messy out there though and I will probably go grocery shopping later. We did get probably 2-3 more inches of snow yesterday afternoon and evening but it wasn't too bad, at least that I could see. Roads were a little slick but I guess all the snow we have is supposed to melt by Saturday. Mind boggling if you ask me!
So we are hanging out this morning watching Spiderwick Chronicles.
Ellie had a speech evaluation for Apraxia Monday at Children's Hospital. It went well and she did well. I think the therapist is making the recommendation that she has apraxia in her report that will go to the doctor. We will see what we decide, if anything to do with the information. I was hoping to get more help for services so that we don't have to pay as much our of pocket but I am not sure how many hoops we will have to jump through to get funding or coverage. But she is continuing to make improvements in her speech so that is encouraging. Our regular therapist, whom we saw on Tuesday, gave me lots of things to work on with Ellie in the next few months at home too. So we have some work cut out for us!
I will post some weather pictures and some recent pictures of the girls. Ellie LOVES having her picture taken. Ainsley however DOES NOT. So if you see more of one than the other that's just because capturing Ainsley on film can be difficult.










I also played my first game of scrabble with Mackenzie.  She did a great job and actually beat me.  I need to work on bigger words next time.  I took a picture of the scrabble board for her to show her big win!  I also have a few pictures of my new hair cut and highlights.  Not sure how well you can see them but I will post them anyway.  The last pictures will be of Chinese New Year that we celebrated with our local FCC group in NKY.  I didn't get too many pictures there but I did try to get a picture of each girl.  I didn't get any of them all together which is a bit of a bummer but sometimes that happens:)








1 comment:

Living day by day for Jesus said...

Absolutely love you guys and your blog...question...how did you get your own,non-template, background? I want to do that but don't know how! Also, check out my new website!

http://web.me.com/daybydayforjesus/Site/Welcome.html

Still working on it but excited about it!