Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fun times

So Mackenzie ended up going to school on Thurs even though she still said she had a headache because she wanted to go on their field trip. All of the second grade classes went to the children's theatre to see High School Musical 2. She had already seen it with me but of course going again is always fun especially if it is during school! She has still been complaining of a headache and I ended taking her in to school late on Friday because of it. I think she is just dehydrated so I pushed the fluids and sent her in to school. She was none too happy about this though and I am pretty sure the Vice Principal wondered if I was the meanest mom on earth. I just might be but I didn't want her to miss more school and she was ok when she got home and was able to go to Drama. Apparently her drama teacher gave her several compliments which made her day! She was so excited so things are looking up in the drama department. Her big performance is May 8th and tickets go on sale tomorrow. They are performing Suessical Jr and I have told her teacher about it. There are two day performances that are open to area schools and I thought it would cool if Mackenzie's class could go. The tickets are free so the schools just have to pay for transportation to the Carnegie. We shall see if we can work it out o or not but it is pretty fun. The week before sounds like a crazy schedule as they have practices for the performance Monday-Thursday night from 4-8 pm. That's going to be tricky for us since Mackenzie barely gets out of school that early. I think I might have to get her dismissed early every day. And then the day of the performance she has 4 of them. There's a 10 am, a noon, a 6 pm and 8 pm. Wow! But she really seems to be enjoying it so I am glad that I got her involved.

So hopefully we are all on the mend and no more sickness for a while. We are having a Wii party tonight and Ainsley has a friend's birthday party to go to today. I am taking her out soon to look for a present and pick up a few things for the party tonight. I may take her to Starbucks and get her a hot chocolate. She loves their frappuccino too so maybe we can split one of those:)

No comments: