Saturday, May 19, 2012

Guangzhou Day 1

This is a guest post by Mackenzie. The physical was a very quick process with Phynley. We went right in and they took her photo in minutes, though it took a bit to get her attention to the camera. They took her temperature-normal- and took her weight-22 pounds!-. I don't know how that can be since she is devouring those rice cookies! When we got to our room, Dad and I headed out to the swimming pool. It was huge with colder water than Dad expected. At about 2 o'clock we met Connie, our guide, in the lobby. She took us around to view some shops nearby and see the hotel area. Then she took Mom and the mother of a three year-old Chinese girl, also from CAWLI, upstairs to do the paperwork. The rest of us headed upstairs. Phynley enjoyed her rice cookie while smiling at the camera and nosing her Daddy. Later, after eating a healthy meal of chicken nuggets and fries, we finally had a breakthrough. While copying me and attempting to put her foot behind her head, she started copying everything I did. Then, for the first time she copied me doing the sign for more! But as hard as we tried, she would not do it again. I'll post more tomorrow.





2 comments:

Jen said...

Very nice, Mackenzie! Baby sister's LOVE to imitate big sisters, and I'm sure you are a great big sister. Loved your post!

p&k said...

Well done, Mackenzie! Are you posting on your blog too? I can't wait to hear many more of the experiences you've been logging! (You know what I'm referring to, right???)

And you just keep making that 'more' sign . . . she'll get it. That Phynley's a smart one--she must take after you!

Love, Auntie Kim