Thursday, May 17, 2012

Nanchang-Day 5

After a relaxing start to our morning, which entailed eating from the breakfast buffet and a trip to one of the local "stores" to get more snickers for Mackenzie, we spent the afternoon with our guide, Sissi.  We love Sissi!  She has been such an amazing guide and we have had a lot of fun with her.  We ate at another amazing Chinese restaurant, called 791.  Sissi rocks when it come to Chinese food!
I keep losing my post so I am going to keep this quick since I am typing in the dark so Phynley can sleep.
We left the camera battery charging back at the hotel room so we don't have any pictures of our trip to People's Park.  Sissi took a couple of photos but I will have to wait until she sends them to me to post.  It was a fun park to visit.  Some exercise areas that Mackenzie enjoyed trying out and some absolutely beautiful gardens.  Wish I had taken our battery so we could have gotten some good pictures but that's ok.  We had a lot of fun walking around the gardens and playing in one of the "play areas" for kids.  We only explored probably 1/3 of the gardens but were there for a few hours.  Then back to the hotel.  Mackenzie and Jeff went to the pool and I hung out with Phynley back in our room.  Dinner was a trek to KFC, where Mackenzie helped us order.  It's good we have her with us because I am pretty sure she understands more and can communicate more in Chinese than we can!  We stopped by a vendor on the street on our way back to the hotel to get ice cream bars.  When he told us how much we owe, I had no idea what he said.  Mackenzie told us that he said 8 yuan, which is exactly what he said.  We paid and then left.  When I asked her how she knew, she said that he said the number 8 and made the hand gesture for 8?!  What on earth...apparently the girl has been brushing up on her Chinese on the side or Kim taught her more than we thought while she was here..:)

So we are getting ready to head to bed but thought I would post links to all the other pictures that Kim took while she was here.  She sent the links to the Picasa albums tonight so without further ado..

Day 2 Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/107779508552283991097/PhynleyII?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNWdzcT-4ZSjMw&feat=directlink

Day 3 Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/107779508552283991097/PhynleyIII?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIuCqfnuj6T49QE&feat=directlink

Day 4 Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/107779508552283991097/PhynleyIV?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKWezo2VwZD8Kw&feat=directlink

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my, she is so cute! Kim is quite the photographer.

p&k said...

I'm so proud of you, Mackenzie! :)

And you guys thought I was just making sure she got fed . . .

Hi Jen! :) Glad you enjoyed getting to see Phynley through my lens . . . just wish I could have stayed longer.

Millerfamilychronicles said...

Kim is quite the photographer isn't she..couldn't agree more! Mackenzie's aptitude shows me just how much she could actually learn if she were here for any length of time. She would do great I think...once she got over the smell of cigarette smoke...lol!