Friday, October 26, 2007

Beijing!



We have finally arrived. Actually we arrived late last night but were too tired to post then. Everything went very well all things considered. The kids did fantastic and we had a good trip. I am not a fan of flying as I get quite motion sick. So by the time we landed in BJ I was ready to be done and never get on a plane again but hopefully I will have recovered for tomorrow's flight! Our flight from Tokyo was delayed by about an hour and a half so we didn't end up getting into BJ until about 11 pm. Our friends the Bassetts, who we are staying with, picked us up and got us back to their place safely. Thank-you Sue and Matt!! We are here today and will probably be relaxing and getting caught up on sleep. Jeff and Mackenzie just got up at about 11:15. Ainsley and I have been up since 8. Actually Ainsley woke up several times and so I didn't get nearly as much sleep as Jeff. The girls didn't sleep much on the flight. Ainsley slept about 1 1/2-2 hours and Mackenzie 45 minutes. Ainsley actually fell asleep under the chairs at our gate in Tokyo. I got a picture of it and will post it. It is pretty cute! That's all for now. We will post tomorrow sometime! We are thankful for all the prayers and for arriving safely. Only 2 more days till we have Ellie!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Dear Steph, Your mom gave my mom your blog and then my mom sent it to me. Your girls are gorgeous little princesses! I'm sure you hear alot that McKenzie looks just like you. I was so excited to find out that you were adopting. I have spent some time on your blog. What a blessing the Lord has given you and your family in Ellie. Terry and I will be praying for you all during this time, and I plan to check in now and then. Would you and Jeff mind if we added you to our church's prayer list? Let me know. upcotts5@verizon.net
Love and Prayers,
Jen[Campbell] and Terry Upcott