Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Wednesday

Well..we are all up bright and early. I believe the 3 girls were up at 5:15 and so I decided to turn the light on as the room is pretty small. Jeff was definitely wondering why I decided to do this but once the girls are up pretty much impossible to keep is dark and quiet. I tried to post last night but wasn't able to get on so I will post this morning and maybe try again tonight. Yesterday was rough but we did see some progress with Ellie. She did a lot of mimicking of us and had some good time with both myself and jeff. We attempted to get a hearing screening done at the hospital but it was crazy. Terrifying to say the least! Hospitals in China are nothing like hospitals in the US. Our guide had the orphanage director come down and one of Ellie's nannies, who pretty much took Ellie from us. By the time they actually find the hospital, which apparently they didn't know where it was, I was pretty upset. The hospital had people EVERYWHERE...the lines were insane and even though it was like 11:30 we wouldn't have been able to get in till the later afternoon. Jeff and I decided not to do the hearing screening and just come home. We finalized the adoption from China's standpoint yesterday and she is officially ours. We all napped yesterday which was great and we were able to locate a fan which helped me sleep some last night. Ellie seemed to do better last night with some of her self-soothing behaviors which was good also. We will see our travel group doctor this morning at the breakfast buffet which we have yet to go to...we have just been eating in our room. Hopefully he will be able to give us some encouragement and suggestions on what to look for for with Ellie and how to best help her start to come out of herself.

1 comment:

Shawn Lundvall said...

Dude, Paps was so emotional during the first part of the interview I thought he got hold of some wacky tabacky or something. But then the next question he answered he was perfectly lucid. I thought it was strange too. I am more shocked that no one has brought this up until I saw your video in this post!