Sunday, October 28, 2007

First Night in Hangzhou




Well, we are up after our first night in Hangzhou. We got in last night around 6ish. Our guide came to pick us up and we found out that we have a different guide. His name is David and he seems nice. Not sure why we have a different guide..it seems he said something about the other guide being too young? No idea. We also met up with our friends, Patrick and Kim Smith and their baby Moyer who is tooo cute. It was great to finally get to see them. They will be here all week with us helping us out. We really have no idea what the week is going to look like but you can pray as I am a bit nervous and not sleeping that well. We were all up 6 this morning but I was awake much earlier...3 something I think. We will be meeting our guide at 1:30 and meeting Ellie at 2 I believe. We will then do some paperwork for her passport I think. Not sure what they day will look like but excited to finally be meeting Ellie! Last night on our way to our hotel, we were stopped at a stoplight and we saw a guy run down the middle of the road chasing after a taxi. After watching him catch the taxi and hit it...loudly yelling...in Chinese of course..and then opening the taxi door..our guide looked back and said that the taxi apparently had hit him! He seemed no worse for the wear as he was able to run after the taxi but what do I know! He obviously was expressing some extreme displeasure with the taxi guy...my guess is there were some Chinese expletives involved though since I don't swear in Chinese I don't really know!
Our room isn't very big..we were thinking that it would be much bigger so you can pray we make it. 5 of us in a little room...with only 2 twin beds...not sure how it will all play out. That's about it for now. I obviously hope to post later today once we get Ellie but not sure if we will have the time or not. We will post some pics as soon as we can!

No comments: