Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Thursday Morning!

Well Ellie was wide awake this morning at 5:10 am. Mackenzie and Ainsley got up at about 5:45. I got some good sleep last night which was great. I did wake up multiple times but I was able to go back to sleep which was good. I was in bed by 6:30 last night as I was not feeling well. Everyone else ate at KFC but I was so sick I threw up there...I am pretty sure I was experiencing dejavu as the same thing happened when we were in China the last time. I was pregnant with Mackenzie and KFC's mashed potatoes were the only things that sounded appealing. We went there and I promptly had to throw up..of course they don't have the traditional bathrooms that we have but squatty potties. I can assure you the experience wasn't pleasant and not one I wanted to repeat. Fortunately I ended up getting sick in a KFC bucket and not the bathroom. Jeff walked me back to the hotel with Ellie and got her ready for bed while I crashed on the bed. I think I was out because I remember nothing till waking up at 11:30 or so. We all got a pretty good night of sleep and feel good. We will be getting ready and heading to breakfast at the buffet here at the hotel. One might think that the Western Restaurant serves Western food...but then you would be mistaken. Their selections for breakfast are quite amazing! Nothing like you or I would probably envision as breakfast foods. Though they did have some amazing potatoes yesterday morning that were great. They did have bacon and eggs too which allowed Mackenzie and Ainsley to survive. We are having some R&R today and packing up our stuff. We are leaving one suitcase open for stuff today and trying to get everything else packed up. Hopefully we will have a great day with Patrick and Kim and Moyer as they will be leaving tomorrow early afternoon. We will be VERY sad to see them go as we have had soooo much fun with them. It is difficult when you live in different countries to see each other often though we have seen quite a bit of each other the last few years. But it is always a bit sad since we know it may be a while till we see them again, especially with the so VERY cute Moyer! Patrick and Kim have been lifesavers for us on this trip and though I know that God would have worked in out even if they weren't here I can't even tell you how thankful we are that they have been here for us. They have done babysitting, translating, encouraging, shopping and a plethora of other things. I think Patrick has kept the Chinese people a little more honest since they knew he could speak Chinese. Patrick and Kim's Chinese is amazing! We have told them that when they adopt we will come over and be there for them and do some translating too. They are encouraging us to stay away:) Just kidding. We now realize why people adopt in groups. There is a definite need for community when you are in a culture so foreign from your own. I just wanted to post to let you know I am doing better and that I have been so encouraged by everyone's prayers for us. I have definitely felt them in the last few days and needed them. Please continue to pray! ,I want to post the video that Jeff mentioned yesterday of the Chinese kids saying Hi to the girls...it was so amazing. The girls were done wanting pictures by the end of the day!

2 comments:

Meg and Guy said...

You guys are amazing. What an experience. I have been keeping up with you on your blog quite diligently and have shed quite a few tears "with" you the past few days. My heart is so full to know that your dream of Ellie has been realized. We are praying for you all. Ellie is priceless--what a precious child! Even the unbelievers I work with are hooked on your story as I often check your blog at work. We love you.

The Hasseles

Fromme Family said...

Hi Miller family!
We are the Fromme family from CT. Paper chasing for our daughter at YiWu. In the July photos she was 2cribs away from Ellie. This will be our 2nd adoption from China and 4 th child (2 older, son24, d.19). Let me encourage you that by the end of the first week our babies in travel group began to relax smile and laugh.
The transition is a process but with ea. passing day she will learn your love for her and trust you more and more. She will catch up and learn language skills and her big sisters will be excellent models for her to follow. God is in the process of restoring her life and is at work seeking to bless all your lives. God also has wonderful plans to give you all a future and a hope !!!! To prosper you all in every way. The word also says that all your children are blessed of the Lord. His perfect love will cast out all fear. Jesus is ever living to make intercession for you. If God be for you who can be against you? I know these words bring us comfort and strength and I hope they encourage you too!!! Enjoy your time in China!!
Prayers and blessings to you all ,

The Frommes