Sunday, February 3, 2008

Happy Superbowl Day!

Unfortunately we do not all have Tom Brady jerseys...or even all have patriots garb. But Jeff has a Brady jersey and I was able to scrounge up a t-shirt from one of the last superbowls they won to wear to church today:)
So we are spending our day waiting for the time when we can watch the big game and hopefully see some serious football history in action! But until then, we watched the The Gameplan with Mackenzie and Ainsley while Ellie pretended to nap. Actually I put her down for a nap but when Jeff went upstairs to get ready to go for a run he heard her "talking" and went in to check on her. She was sitting up in bed just talking away. Pretty sure she hasn't yet napped. Oh well. Guess she'll be tired for the big game. She doesn't yet understand the importance of today but someday she will...someday.

Speaking of Ellie, she cracked me up at church today. I was helping out in the infant room because we were short staffed today. The infant room is right next to the toddler room. Since we are a mobile church and set up and tear down after every service, our area is open. So each room is a fenced in area with white picket fences that are attached together. I should take some pics and post them as I think it looks cool. But I digress. I was in one room with Ellie right next to me in the next fenced in area. They had just finished having a snack and apparently Ellie didn't feel she was done. I saw her walk over to the table that had the snack container on it and point to it, point to the teacher and then sign please. I had to laugh because although it was great effort..she just wasn't going to get any more snack! But it was really cute:)
Then of course on the way home, she fell asleep which leads to the current lack of naptime. She falls asleep in the car and sometimes it doesn't seem to matter how short the catnap was...she just won't go back to sleep. We'll see if daddy's encouragement of sleep helps.

Hopefully soon I will get a few pics of Ellie posted. We just had her dedicated and we did get a few photos though not a whole lot. And soon I will do a post on how I like my new Apple Macbook Pro. We decided it was time for a new computer and that we wanted a laptop so that I could take it anywhere in the house. From the reccommedations of lots of people, we decided on a Mac. The Macbook Pro was a great deal since I got a refurbished one. Or great deal comparatively speaking since the Macs cost about an organ more than a PC. I sure hope it is worth it but I will let you know what I think after I get some time so use it! So far so good...or at least for the most part but I will save that for a later post.

So on a great sunny day here in KY, may the best team win...or the best undefeated team win...GO PATRIOTS!!!

No comments: