Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Jesus I Never Knew

One of my New Year's goals is to read a Christian discipleship/growth book once a month. The book for the month of Jan was The Jesus I Never Knew. Though I have started to read the book before I just haven't made it though. I am happy to say that I have finished the book though not completely in Jan. I thought it was amazing and challenging and convicting all at the same time. It really challenged my thoughts and perceptions of Jesus. How I view Jesus of the Old Testament is vitally important to how I see Him in my life today and how I should be living my life for Him. If any of you have not read the book, I HIGHLY recommend it to you. My book for next month, which is actually the current month, is Parenting the Strong-willed Child. I am looking forward to reading it and seeing what helpful parenting advice I can glean to be a more effective and loving mom to all of my kids.

I have a sick girl today. Mackenzie is sick with some kind of stomach virus. She has only thrown up once this afternoon but is running a fever and just not feeling well. I will be keeping her home from school tomorrow since she has yet to keep food down. However I have two appts for Ellie. Yikes...I guess if Jeff can't be at home, we will be rescheduling those appts.

It is also Mackenzie's birthday today. Happy Birthday to her! Poor girl sick on her b-day. However she did happily celebrate with a few friends on Friday night. The girls had a blast. I will post some pics soon but I am still uncertain how to post pictures on the Mac. There's no place to transfer photos directly from the SD card and I can't find the cord to hook the camera up to the computer. So until I find that or come up with some other solution...there won't be any pics posted. Hopefully I can solve the problem soon.

We went to church this morning and then to an open house for a Montessori school that we are looking at for Mackenzie for next year. She didn't start feeling poorly till after church and since we really wanted to check out the school we ran by right after church. Jeff went in to talk with the teachers, check out the school and get some more info. I stayed in the car for most of it and then went in quickly once he came back out. It seems like an amazing school but I think we have ruled it out due to distance and cost. Our options are dwindling, which is a bummer. But if God wants her elsewhere next year, He can work it out. Nothing is to big for our God. So I will continue to pray and trust that what is best for Mackenzie will work out.

Coming soon...a post on my opinions of our new Mac computer..you won't want to miss it!

No comments: