Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Preschool

Well after two days of preschool, Jeff and I have decided to take Ellie out.  We just haven't been comfortable with the whole process here and just don't feel Ellie is ready for preschool.  I met her teacher yesterday and when I expressed that I wasn't certain if she was ready for preschool, the teacher asked me if they were certain of her birthday.  I just don't think that the teacher thinks she's ready either.  We were originally told we would be able to get her into morning preschool but when they called to let us know of what time she would get picked up it was PM.  Since transportation continues to be an issue and we don't want to drive her all the way to the preschool she has been assigned to and back, we are just going to keep her home.  Maybe next year when she is in our school district she will be ready but not yet.  I need to call the school today and check on how to continue to get her speech services since she won't be there for preschool.  I will probably need to bring her in specifically for speech two days a week but that's ok as I will stay there while she has speech.  Hopefully we can work it out.

That's about it from yesterday.  Oh other than the snowbank I ran myself aground on.  I didn't think to get photos though I am sure you would all have really enjoyed seeing it.  I was so frustrated with the preschool thing that I wasn't paying attention to where I was driving when I pulled around to pick up the mail from the mailbox.  When the plow truck plows the snow, they make a little snowbank between our driveway and our neighbor's driveway.  I thought I missed it but no that was not to be the case.  After finding no males home around us, I proceeded to have to dig myself out for about 30 minutes until I was able to free the car!!!  Oh..and that's not all.  On Mondays I pick Mackenzie up at school and take her to ballet as she has ballet at 4.  I did this and had to hurry back to our house to get Ellie off the bus by 4:20  I arrived back home at 4:10 thinking I had time to spare and the bus was already there!  They seemed quite peeved with me and practically threw a screaming Ellie off the bus to me.  I explained that I was told the bus doesn't come till 4:20 from the bus department and they were 15 minutes early.  They didn't seem to care.  Which reinforced in my head why Ellie must not enjoy the bus ride!!  So yesterday was quite a day:) Unfortunately for you all...no pictures!:)

No comments: